8.18.2023

A quick trip back to Oita

To visit my family, which happend back in July!

It's nice to see them again and I'm glad they are doing well. 



A tunnel near a spring water site. 

I got sick on the way there though.. motion sickness plus probably dehydration?  That was rough!  So I couldn't go to Rakugo performance that my mom's friend was part of.  Well... there will be another time in fall that they do it. 

Another accident was that my train back to Kyoto was cancelled due to heavy rain, so I had to extend my stay for a day.  The rain was quite bad and some cities in northern Kyushu got flooded.  The news repeated playing videos of collapsing houses and debris being washed down to overflowing rivers.  The 2-3 days of rain was equivalent of the total rainfall that we would normally get in whole July.  Surprising.  Despite the previous day's interruptions, trains were operated normally on the following day.  That was something... 

Went to a seaside cafe for breakfast, too. It is a large park with lots of open space. It was nice. Want to come back!




No comments:

Post a Comment