8.03.2023

Boston - Harvard

 Though it was forecasted to be stormy, I visited Harvard campus. It’s ~20 min by train from my hotel.  By the time I reached there, it was already raining.  With dark clouds in the background and construction work going on at several parts of the campus, it gave me sort of a gloomy impression.  It may look more cheerful on a sunny day, though.  There were many shops and cafes, a lot of visitors including me, making it a busy campus. The subway line was not the cleanest in the world, and I am totally happy not studying there at Harvard.. Their art museum was interesting. It had lots of collections from around the world; especially I find watercolors in the US amusing.

On the way home, I got to experience rush hour in Boston.  Trains were so packed literally like the ones in Tokyo.  At Park Street, where I change trains, was very crowded.  Trains come one after another, and one stopped in the front part of the platform, so we passengers walked to it, only to find the trains are mostly full and cannot take any more passengers.  Then there came another train, but it stopped at the back of the platform, so those who walked all the way to the front end of the platform and couldn’t make it had to go down the platform again to get on to the second train. But some people just gave up, spitting some cursing words.  I totally understand.. it would be stressful if it were every day.


Harvard Art Museum










No comments:

Post a Comment