3.09.2022

熱帯食堂 町家など Thai& Balinese restaurant, Machiya, and old streets in Yasaka area

 八坂あたりは京都情緒あふれるなあ~~

Yasaka dori street with traditional houses on both sides.  It really feels like Kyoto.   It's a small ally that you could easily pass by.  But worth the effort to look for.  

Plum trees in blossom at Yasaka Koshindo Temple (八坂庚申堂) 

Starbucks Kyoto Ninenzaka Yasaka Chaya.  This store is in an renovated machiya building with a n inner-facing garden.  

A very unique Starbucks store

Fresh spring rolls at Nettai Shokudo 熱帯食堂 near Keihan Shijo station.  They are specialized in Thai and Balinese cuisine and had so many foods to choose from on the menu.. Wanted to try everything, but I ended up ordering things that are familiar to me. I guess I'm getting more conservative as I get older?? Anyway the spring rolls were scrumptious!!  

Tom Yam Kun soup!  Sour and spicy with lots of vegetables and mushrooms!  Soaked the shrimp crackers in it, and I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment