3.26.2022

Work gives me income, skills, deliverables, connections

 Got assigned more work to do - that's great!  I'll take over writing this paper for which I did data analysis.  It makes sense. I think I will be able to do it because I'm familiar with the topic and I'm familiar with the data.


My collaborator said " oh my performance review is in October, so let's finish this paper or at least get it submitted by then or by September.", It was so funny that he is outsourcing such an important task to someone else. 


I told him that I only work half time and I have another project for which I have a meeting to present on April 13th.  I will have to really focus on writing and make an efficient progress because I will only have 10 hours per week to spend on this paper!  I wish I had more time, but I've got a lot already.. 


Anyway, it's a great thing that I have a job.

Happy to have a generous boss and collaborators.

Happy to maintain connections with the US.

Happy to work on beans.

Happy to first-author another publication! 


Let's do it!  Every time I meet with them, it feels good.  I really like it that I have a lot of freedom as long as I get the job done.  Being at a specific place, working on specific hours, wearing uniforms, running miscellaneous errands to make them all happen - they are not required for getting work done at all, and I'm glad I won't have to worry about those things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment