8.09.2021

UP!!! Day 1

It took place July 17-19.

Stopped by a beach near Mackinaw island ferry port. The lakewater was shining. 

It's nice to relax on the beach...


Hotdog with chili bean.  I was right after fasting for more than 24 hours, so I took it easy and started eaating again with something relatively easy to digest. The chili was good!  I just finished revising my manuscript No. 3 after correcting some seed type classification, and I worked from 6 am to 6 pm!  With a surprising level of focus.  I think I was able to push myself because I really wanted to have fun in this trip after getting done with the manuscript.

The beach.... shiny lake.  I wish it were closer to me, not 3 hours drive away. 

Mackinaw city


Mackinaw bridge!!!  It was our first time to cross the bridge and land UP!!  Right after crossing the bridge, we noticed that the vegetation there was different.  A lot more winter-country like trees with sharp leaves. 

We stopped by at Taquamenon falls.  We expected height of it!  And the water is yellow because of minerals.  

Then we arrived at the biggest city in UP, Marquette.  Upper Michigan University is in this city, too.  It was just near the beach and had a lot of restaurants, bars, and art galleries. It was a fun city to walk around!

We wanted to have some fish...so we went to a pub that serves good food.  We got grilled whitefish. Yumm  My travel mates were enjoying local beer.  There were many local breweries in this city.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment