9.04.2021

City hall and a haircut on a rainy day

I finally went to the city hall, checked in myself, got national health insurance, and applied for exemption for national pention enrollement.  That was a lot of paperwork!  Not the most exciting thing to do, but I'm glad the city hall wasn't crowded at all, and I didn't have to wait for long.  I think that's because it was rainy.  Rain is nice, it makes it much cooler. 

I also went to the police station to change my address on my driver's license.

Then I went to have a haircut for the first time in over 2 years!  It's great to have my hair cut and done professionally.  Stylists were very fashionable there, good examples to study.

I also took the second covid test just in case, 3 days after arrival to my hometown.  I'm grateful that I can take this test for free as many times as I want if moved from other cities/prefectures.  Negative result again, so that's good news.  The vaccination rate is increasing, and the number of cases decreasing.  A bit more patience, and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Paper revision #1 is almost done!  Working on my paper reminds me of working in the US, my colleagues, classmates, friends, and the beautiful things about Michigan.  I really should and want to focus on the good things about my current situation, not what could have, would have, or should have, and indeed there are great things about living in Japan as well.  But I need some exciting thing (work?) to keep me engaged and focused. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment