9.14.2021

Reviewed a manuscript!

 I got a request to review a research article submitted to a journal.  It's an honour to peer review other researchers' work, and I learn a lot from reading it, too.

As expected, it took a lot of time and I ended up spending the whole day just reviewing it.  I couldn't revise my own manuscript yesterday, but it's ok.. I provided service to profession!

I played a really expensive piano on display in a music instrument store.  It's super expensive, but the sound and key touch were both fantastic.  It really felt like a real piano.  Often, inexpensive models have heavy keys and makes loud noise when you hit the keys. But this one doesn't have that at all, and makes really beautiful piano sound that is just like the real one.

In addition, the headphones that were displayed for test play were also amazing.  When I put on them and played the piano, I thought the piano itself was producing the sound and I was hearing it from it, not from my headphones.  It was hard to believe.  The headphones are developed just for an electric piano.  Amazing!!   

Awesome headphones, $200!!

A wonderful piano, ~$4,000!!  Kawai CA9900GP.  It costs like a used car.  But if you hear its sound and feel the keys, you understand why. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment