9.10.2021

English test and other tasks

I took an English grammer test to register as a freelance research consultant!  It's so nice to find such an opportunity.  But the test was a bit nerve-wracking; it had 20 questions to be answered in 30 minutes, you cannot go back to the previous questions, and you have only ONE attempt!  If you pass, you can upload your CV to be considered. 

The questions had only a short sentence or paragraph.  They asked which choices are most grammatically correct and concise to replace a part of the passage.  I don't know how this will be important for research consultant because this test seemed to be for proofreaders and medical writers.  But this means this test is for native English speakers.  So, it's interesting that what they take to register as a writer or a checker.

I'm glad I passed!  I had a plenty of time left, and for most questions I was able to answer with confidence.  The site does not say how many questions I got right, but I was able to put in my info and upload my CV.  Phew.  I hope I'll get a project!!

Then I went back to doing some more analysis and writing the article outline as well.  I need to prioritize the latter because it is due tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment