9.11.2021

Writing an article and taking history class

Article outline done!

I finally finished writing the outline of the article about writing research papers in English.  That was a lot of work..

It was hard to orgnize what I will write because there are many topics that I could go into.  But I should avoid points that are the same as writing research papers in Japanese.  I've never written a paper in Japanese, so I dont' know how different it is actually from my first-hand experience, but anyways...

History class 

I'm also trying to finish my history class.   I'm in week 6 and there are 7 weeks of lesson videos.  A little bit more to go.  I'm learning a lot, and I'm really glad that I took this class.  The professor gives lectures describes historical incidents in detail, their background, "why" they happened, and put them into context.  What people were thinking at that time?  What made them decide to do the thing they did?

However, I don't know how to describe how I feel when I watch the lesson videos; while I find the learning part very interesting, I am hesitant to say 'interesting' as if it were an intellectual pleasure, something that are welcome to happen.  There are too many brutal incidents and fatalities in history to call the whole story 'interesting'.  I just feel that all human beings should know history so that we will learn from it and will not make the same mistake again.

I'm glad I came across with this class with a professor that can discuss history in an engaging way.  It really helps to have somebody who can describe the story with reality and can touch on various apects of incidents, not just who was involved, but the context, consequences, and people's reactions, and what all those meant.

 I have't been able to work on my manuscript very much this week!  I still have some time as it's due early next month, but I will be efficient next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment